Temporary Mainscale Class Teacher – Year 2 (26th Feb 2018 to 29th Jun 2018)
Beacon Hill School is seeking to appoint a main scale class teacher for Year 2 for maternity cover.
This position will be a temporary contract from 26th February 2018 to 29th June 2018.
This position will involve
– Implementing and delivering an appropriately broad, balanced, differentiated and relevant curriculum for students within the framework of the IB Primary Years Programme.
– Ensuring a high quality learning experience for all students using a variety of teaching methods appropriate to students’ learning styles and the curriculum.
– Assessing, recording and reporting on progress, development and attainment of students including the setting of appropriately challenging targets.
– Meeting the needs of all students through differentiated teaching and learning.
– Setting high expectations for student behaviour and maintaining a good standard through focused teaching, developing positive relationships and implementing the positive behaviour policy.
– Providing a positive, safe and stimulating learning environment.
– Promoting the social, emotional and intellectual development of the students.
– Being committed to the development of good relationships throughout the school, the Foundation and other schools.
– Reviewing and developing own professional practice including evaluating own teaching to improve effectiveness.
– Attending training to improve skills and knowledge and contributing to staff development activities.
– Carrying out any other duties that may reasonably be regarded as within the nature, responsibilities and grade of this post.
Please refer to the Beacon Hill School website for further details and job descriptions.
Closing date for application is Monday 15th January, 2018
Anticipated interview : Wednesday 24th January, 2018
– Bachelor Degree in Education, or
– Bachelor Degree in any subjects with PGSE (Postgraduate Certificate of Education), or equivalent;
– More than two years’ primary teaching experience.
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
Closing Date: 15 Jan 2018
For enquiries, please contact Shiree Yam at +852 23365221 or email@example.com .
Please refer to the ESF Recruitment website for information regarding recruitment and the application process.
Standards at BHS are high. The curriculum offered is aligned to the philosophy of the Primary Years Programme of the International Baccalaureate Organisation and involves an inquiry-based, investigative style of teaching and learning.
The teaching staff are well qualified, experienced and work closely with colleagues in the other ESF schools. Staff-pupil relationships are excellent and are based on a strong sense of mutual respect.
Central to the life of the school, is the positive community spirit and the strong partnerships with parents.
We encourage applications from teachers with a commitment and desire to work with children with Special Educational Needs and with good IT skills.