Golden Book Assembly – this week we celebrated our Golden Book winner and had many announcements and enjoyed updates of sports teacher and tournaments. A special mention to Maxi Fung in 5D for his Player of the Tournament nomination whilst competing in the Hong Lok Yuen Football Tournament last week…..fantastic job Maxi.
Mr. Thompson also showed us what we will be doing to help package all the food up on our December 8th food parceling day. We are all quite excited to give a hand! If you can give us or the school any assistance on that day please contact Mr Thopson.
Central Idea : People’s actions can impact our water resources.
|We will understand that water is part of a continuous cycle and can be influenced by humans (water cycle and water treatment).||We will understand that different uses of water are connected to different water issues around the globe.(Water footprint)
||We will understand that humans have a responsibility towards the use and conservation of water(water cycle and water treatment).|
An inquiry into…
- efficient mental strategies that can be used to solve multiplication and division
- efficient written strategies that can be used to solve multiplication and division.
- How tools and procedures can be used to measure accurately
- How tools and procedures can be used to solve measurement problems
- The connection between measurements and other units of maths (conversion)
Well done to all our Golden Book winners this week in Year 5…
5F – Katelyn Ma, Kwan Ho Yuen
5C – Shafay Khan
5D – Madelyn Luk
- Read the Weekly Update
- Mathletics – continue with the set tasks
- Reading – keep up with their reading every night. Don’t forget to get Reading Journals signed every night and children should be reading every night.
- Spelling – each Monday the children are sent home their 10 personal words that they need to learn for the week. Please, can a parent (or responsible adult) support the children by...testing them (written or oral), getting them to put their words into interesting sentences (written or oral), discussing the meanings of the words, thinking about synonyms and antonyms of that word, discussing words with a similar meaning etc.
- UOI – some children still, unfortunately, have not returned their Water Usage Chart back to school. Can this piece of HOme Learning be returned as soon as possible so we can have our discussions back here?
Mandarin Home Learning (All children are encouraged to take a reading book home on the days when they have Mandarin lessons.)
Ms Lynn (Home learning #9) – Please check your google classroom for details.
Ms Xu – Keep practising on topics of ” weather, clothes and feelings”.
Stationery – some of the children are fast running out stationery they need for school. Can you please take some time whilst Christmas shopping to maybe grab some stationery items that your child needs for school? The holidays hit and the kids tend to forget what they need so getting topped up before the break is a great idea.
Here’s a refresher of the items that we need for school each day…
- black, red, blue pens
- HB pencils
- pencil sharpener
- 30cm transparent ruler
- coloured pencils
- felt tip pens/coloured markers
- highlighters (various colours)
- glue sticks (lots!)
- whiteboard markers (various colours)
- whiteboard eraser
- geometry set
- headphones (in-ear is preferable)
School Uniforms and Winter Clothing – some children are coming to school dressed for a trip to Antartica! Can we please urge you to check the weather forecast before the children get themselves dressed in the morning?
If they are a little chilly in the morning can they please pop on their purple/blue/red school uniform jumpers/jackets rather than wearing layer upon layer of warm weather gear under their school shirts. Our classrooms are very warm and we will remind the children to put on their jacket at break time if needed.
Leaving Early – if you are planning on taking your child out of school for an early Christmas holiday could you please mind just shooting off a quick email to the class teacher, please? It just helps us to plan out our activities for the last week of school. Thanks so much