The week ended with all the Year 3 children learning from Mr Melsom. The children partook in a variety of activities which included taking notice of the flowers and the leaves, learning how to use a watering can, weeding, digging and sowing seeds.
All the classes were of course busy in-between, continuing with assessments and preparing classrooms for ‘Meet the Teacher.’ The children also enjoyed our usual specialist lessons. Mr Lowe was on hand to introduce the children to their Chrome books. Each child will be responsible for their own computer this year. They are touch screen and just a year old! The children will use their Chrome books to help them create, to help them find information and to help them share and communicate information.
Welcome to those families who have returned from their holidays this week and a warm welcome to Harvey Lam who has joined 3D.
- Wednesday 28th August 5pm – Wine and cheese party for new parents (7th floor staff room).
- Wednesday 28th August 6pm – Meet the Teacher evening (hall)
- Monday 9th September – BHS CLOSED Teacher Professional Development
- Friday 13th September -Mid-Autumn Market
- Tuesday 17th September -Parents Evening: 3D only
- Friday 20th September 9am – 3H class assembly (hall)
- Thursday 26th September -Parents Evening: Y1 – Y6 (not 3D), more information to follow
- Friday 27th September 9am – Year 3 Theatre Trip
- Monday 30th September – BHS CLOSED Teachers Professional Development
- Tuesday 1st October – BHS CLOSED National Day
- Wednesday 2nd October -Parents Evening: Y1 – Y6
- Friday 4th October 9am – 3M class assembly (hall) School closes for half term holiday
- Monday 14th October – Back to School
- Friday 18th October – PTA Bowling night
Scroll down to find out when your child will go to the Learning Centre.The children must bring their red book bags into school on these days in order to be able to borrow from the library.
Year 3 Teacher Contact Information
Mr Mike Hoskins – email@example.com
Ms Marie-Claire Mulligan – firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms Samantha Saxena – email@example.com
Ms Chloe Dale – firstname.lastname@example.org
Year 3 phase leader
Mr Andy Thompson – email@example.com
Different approaches to collaboration influence the productivity of groups
The children will be inquiring into:
Shared goals in group situations (connection)
Skills and behaviour that support collaboration (responsibility)
The impact of their behaviour on a shared goal (reflection)
Next week the children will continue learning in different group situations; they will talk about and demonstrate the skills necessary for success.
The children will also be taught by a professional dance teacher. All the children will learn a warm-up dance of 32 counts. They will then form smaller groups to learn further skills. Each class will have one dance lesson a week for the next 6 weeks.
The children will continue to inquire into the number system by ordering, comparing and renaming numbers. They will model, represent and order four-digit numbers along with working out the answers to number puzzles.
This week the children began exploring poetry and many of the children started to plan and publish their own acrostic poem.
Next week, the children will continue writing their own recounts. They may be asked to create their own imaginative recount or to write a recount based on an extract from a Disney film.
Year 3 will read books from Big Universe on a Monday and Friday. They will borrow home readers on a Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
More information will be shared at Meet the Teacher.
Golden Book will start next week.
The Home Learning in Year 3 will be explained at Meet the Teacher on Wednesday 29th August.
Over the next few weeks, the children will be doing lots of little spelling assessments to determine what spelling lists and patterns your child will receive. The spelling journals will be sent home once all assessments have been completed.
Mathletics passwords are in your child’s diary. The children should check their accounts regularly and complete any assigned tasks.