Year 3 Update Week 3
This has been an exciting week in Year 3. We have been finishing our recount writing, taking part in collaborative activities and getting super excited about place value. Our inquires are beginning and we are keen to find out more about how to be collaborative. Three students in our year group are now members of the student council. They will attend meetings with Mr Thompson and help to make important decisions at Beacon Hill. Jose Chan, Jada Cheng and Ally Chen are our representatives.
- Monday 9th September – BHS CLOSED Teacher Professional Development
- Friday 13th September -Mid-Autumn Market
- Tuesday 17th September -Parents Evening: 3D only
- Friday 20th September 9am – 3H class assembly (hall)
- Thursday 26th September -Parents Evening: Y1 – Y6 (not 3D), more information to follow
- Friday 27th September 9am – Year 3 Theatre Trip
- Monday 30th September – BHS CLOSED Teachers Professional Development
- Tuesday 1st October – BHS CLOSED National Day
- Wednesday 2nd October -Parents Evening: Y1 – Y6
- Friday 4th October 9am – 3M class assembly (hall) School closes for half term holiday
- Monday 14th October – Back to School
- Friday 18th October – PTA Bowling night
- Monday 4th November – Mandarin Consultations
- Thursday 7th November – Year 3 Camp
- Friday 8th November – Returning from camp
Scroll down to find out when your child will go to the Learning Centre.The children must bring their red book bags into school on these days in order to be able to borrow from the library.
Year 3 Teacher Contact Information
Mr Mike Hoskins – firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms Marie-Claire Mulligan – email@example.com
Ms Samantha Saxena – firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms Chloe Dale – email@example.com
Year 3 phase leader
Mr Andy Thompson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Different approaches to collaboration influence the productivity of groups
The children will be inquiring into:
Shared goals in group situations (connection)
Skills and behaviour that support collaboration (responsibility)
The impact of their behaviour on a shared goal (reflection)
Next week the children will continue learning in different group situations; they will talk about and demonstrate the skills necessary for success.
The children will also be taught by a professional dance teacher. All the children will learn a warm-up dance of 32 counts. They will then form smaller groups to learn further skills. Each class will have one dance lesson a week for the next 6 weeks.
The children will continue to inquire into the number system by ordering, comparing and renaming numbers. They will model, represent and order four-digit numbers along with working out the answers to number puzzles.
This week the children continued exploring poetry and many of the children wrote their own acrostic poem.
We are continuing to write various recounts. Some of the children wrote about Mr Melsom’s visit.
Reading assessments are ongoing.
Jose Chan 3H
Harvey Lam – 3D
Blair Shum, Ally Chen and Sofia Mukhi Santino – 3M
Jayden Han 3D – Mandarin
Home learning inquiries will begin on Friday 20th September.
Over the next few weeks, the children will be doing lots of little spelling assessments to determine what spelling lists and patterns your child will receive. The spelling journals will be sent home once all assessments have been completed.
Mathletics passwords are in your child’s diary. The children should check their accounts regularly and complete any assigned tasks.