This Week In Year 3!
Following our day of Continued Professional Development (CPD), the children had a shorter week of school. The children continued to enjoy learning experiences organised to help them develop the skills and behaviour needed for successful collaboration. All classes have, or will be, involved in an Art Project led by Mr Whyman and Drama games led by Ms. Cook.
The dance teacher has once again been impressed with the children’s attitude and determination to learn the dances. Children have been listening, remembering, coordinating, counting, stretching and spinning! They have also recognised the importance of smiling at their partner rather than looking at them in a grumpy way!
The children have started to explore 2D and 3D shape. They have also continued to practice place value, discussing and solving problems.
Ask your child about their visit to the PTA Mid-Autumn Market.
HAPPY MID-AUTUMN FESTIVAL!
- Tuesday 17th September -Parents Evening: 3D only
- Friday 20th September 9am – 3H class assembly (hall)
- Thursday 26th September -Parents Evening: Y1 – Y6 (not 3D)
- Friday 27th September 9am – Year 3 Theatre Trip
- Monday 30th September – BHS CLOSED Teachers Professional Development
- Tuesday 1st October – BHS CLOSED National Day
- Wednesday 2nd October -Parents Evening: Y1 – Y6
- Please make an appointment if you have not already done so
- Friday 4th October 9am – 3M class assembly (hall) School closes for half term holiday
- Monday 14th October – Back to School
- Wednesday 16th October – Camp information evening 6.00pm
- Friday 18th October – PTA Bowling night
- Monday 4th November – Mandarin Consultations
- Thursday 7th November – Year 3 Camp
- Friday 8th November – Returning from camp
To join the PTA!!!
The PTA would like to invite you to join their wonderful panel of parent volunteers. Now is your chance to have your say in all things Beacon Hill and help out at events such as bake sales, popcorn days, school discos and many, more exciting events that will be planned throughout the year. If you would like to join please contact Ms Helen Pickering (Year 1 teacher) email@example.com
Student Council Five Ways to Well Being Competition
If you are interested in designing the BHS logos for our 5 Ways to Well Being please hand in your designs by Monday 16th to Mr. Thompson
Scroll down to find out when your child will go to the Learning Centre.The children must bring their red book bags into school on these days in order to be able to borrow from the library.
Year 3 Teacher Contact Information
Mr Mike Hoskins – firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms Marie-Claire Mulligan – email@example.com
Ms Samantha Saxena – firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms Chloe Dale – email@example.com
Year 3 phase leader
Mr Andy Thompson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Different approaches to collaboration influence the productivity of groups
The children will be inquiring into:
Shared goals in group situations (connection)
Skills and behaviour that support collaboration (responsibility)
The impact of their behaviour on a shared goal (reflection)
Next week the children will continue learning in different group situations; they will talk about and demonstrate the skills necessary for success. Our focus will be on learning and playing with different people and also listening repectfully to each other.
The children will continue to learn a warm-up dance of 32 counts and form smaller groups to further their skills.
Shapes and vocabulary are useful for representing and describing objects in real-world situations
Lines of Inquiry
- Sort, describe, compare and label regular and irregular two dimensional shapes and three-dimensional objects using appropriate vocabulary
- Construct three-dimensional objects and recognise them in different orientations
- Identify and draw lines of reflective symmetry in patterns, pictures and shapes
Next week the children will continue their inquiry into 2D and 3D shapes and will explore shapes by sorting, describing and comparing regular and irregular shapes by using the appropriate vocabulary.
We are continuing to write various recounts and edit our writing in order to entertain. The children have been focusing on using interesting words. Ask you child to tell you some words we can use instead of ‘said.’
If you have any photos of your family enjoying celebrations for the Mid-Autumn Festival, please email them to your class teacher.
Reading assessments are ongoing.
There was no ‘Golden Book’this week.
Home learning inquiries will begin on Friday 20th September.
Mathletics passwords are in your child’s diary. The children should check their accounts regularly and complete any assigned tasks.