This Week In Year 3!
What another exciting week in Year 3. We have enjoyed exploring symmetry, the Year 6 bake sale, and a wonderful trip to the theatre. Here are some photos from another action packed week! Thank you to the parents who attended the first round of Parent Teacher Consultations. It was great meeting you all and we look forward to seeing the second batch of parents next week.
Enjoy the public holiday.
- Monday 30th September – BHS CLOSED Teachers Professional Development
- Tuesday 1st October – BHS CLOSED National Day
- Wednesday 2nd October -Parents Evening: Y1 – Y6
- Please make an appointment if you have not already done so
- Friday 4th October 9am – 3M class assembly (hall) School closes for half term holiday
- Monday 14th October – Back to School
- Wednesday 16th October – Camp information evening 6.00pm
- Friday 18th October – PTA Bowling night
- Monday 4th November – Mandarin Consultations
- Thursday 7th November – Year 3 Camp
- Friday 8th November – Returning from camp
To join the PTA!!!
The PTA would like to invite you to join their wonderful panel of parent volunteers. Now is your chance to have your say in all things Beacon Hill and help out at events such as bake sales, popcorn days, school discos and many, more exciting events that will be planned throughout the year. If you would like to join please contact Ms Helen Pickering (Year 1 teacher) firstname.lastname@example.org
Scroll down to find out when your child will go to the Learning Centre.The children must bring their red book bags into school on these days in order to be able to borrow from the library.
Year 3 Teacher Contact Information
Mr Mike Hoskins – email@example.com
Ms Marie-Claire Mulligan – firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms Samantha Saxena – email@example.com
Ms Chloe Dale – firstname.lastname@example.org
Year 3 phase leader
Mr Andy Thompson – email@example.com
Different approaches to collaboration influence the productivity of groups
The children will be inquiring into:
Shared goals in group situations (connection)
Skills and behaviour that support collaboration (responsibility)
The impact of their behaviour on a shared goal (reflection)
Next week the children will complete a summative assessment to show their learning from Unit 1.
Shapes and vocabulary are useful for representing and describing objects in real-world situations
Lines of Inquiry
- Sort, describe, compare and label regular and irregular two dimensional shapes and three-dimensional objects using appropriate vocabulary
- Construct three-dimensional objects and recognise them in different orientations
- Identify and draw lines of reflective symmetry in patterns, pictures and shapes
And if the moon could talk…..
The children continued to make ‘delicious’ sentences and created their own sentences in the style of the author.
Next week the children will write an unaided recount as part of their summative assessment for recount writing.
The children will recount their long weekend.
3H – Brayden Law
3M – Hilary Yip
3D – Kyra Wu
Mandarin – Blair Shum
Mathletics passwords are in your child’s diary. The children should check their accounts regularly and complete any assigned tasks.