Thursday 6th December – Y1- 6 PTA Disco
Friday 7th December – BHS Well-Being Day (details to follow soon)
Wednesday 12th December – BHS Christmas Concert
Thursday 13th December – Year 4 Christmas Lunch
Friday 14th December – 12pm END OF TERM
U.O.I This week we started our new unit of inquiry where the students began to investigate into their understanding of exploration and discoveries. Students also used their Padlet to share what they already know about exploration and discovery such as famous explorers.
Changes in our word can happen through exploration and discovery..
Lines of Inquiry
An inquiry into…
- A range of explorers and discoveries (form)
- Explorations and discoveries that have changed our world (change)
- The reasons why people choose to explore and discover (causation)
Next week, the students will be investigating different explorers and discoveries and looking at the impact they had in different parts of the world.
An inquiry into: The operations of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division are related to each other and are used to solve problem
Lines of Inquiry:
- The different ways to model/show multiplication and division
- Mental strategies that can be used to solve multiplication and division
- Written strategies that can be used to solve multiplication and division
- Mon, Weds, Fri – borrow a BHS home reading book
- Tues, Thurs – read a book online from Big Universe
All children should aim to spend 30 minutes per week completing their assigned Mathletics tasks and/or practising their times tables.
All children are encouraged to take a reading book home on the days when they have Mandarin lessons.