Tuesday 15th Bake Sale
Saturday 19th ESF Cross Country
Friday 18th 4F Assembly 9am Hall
Tuesday 22nd Popcorn Day TBC
Thursday 31st CNY Performance Time TBC
Friday 1st February Chinese Cultural Activities Day
We would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a Happy New Year.
This week the students have continued to investigated different explorers from around the world. The students are also still working on their D.I.Y.org projects. They still have two weeks to complete three tasks in order to collect a badge before the end of this unit.
Changes in our word can happen through exploration and discovery..
Lines of Inquiry
An inquiry into…
- A range of explorers and discoveries (form)
- Explorations and discoveries that have changed our world (change)
- The reasons why people choose to explore and discover (causation)
Next week, the Y4 students will start investigating different scientists, their discoveries and the impact they had on the world.
Lines of Inquiry:
- The different ways to model/show multiplication and division
- Mental strategies that can be used to solve multiplication and division
- Written strategies that can be used to solve multiplication and division
Next week in Mathematics we will continue looking at different multiplication and division strategies. and applying them to problem solving. It would help the students if they practice their times tables fluency at home as well as in school.
- Mon, Weds, Fri – borrow a BHS home reading book
- Tues, Thurs – read a book online from Big Universe
All children should aim to spend 30 minutes per week completing their assigned Mathletics tasks and/or practising their times tables.
All children are encouraged to take a reading book home on the days when they have Mandarin lessons.