Monday 15th – Friday 19th October (inclusive) – Mid-term break
Monday 22nd October – Y4 PE sessions at Kowloon Tsai Sports pitch begin ALL Year 4 students will need to come to school wearing P.E. kit
Wednesday 24th October – PTA AGM 5.15pm
Wednesday 24th October – Y4 Camp information evening (Parents only) 6:45 pm
Friday 26th October – CONFIDENCE HOUSE DAY (see below for more information)
Monday 5th – Tuesday 6th November – School photos
Wednesday 20th – Friday 22nd November – Year 4 Camp
Parent Teacher Consultations
It was lovely to meet with so many of you this week to be able to discuss your child’s learning and how we can work together to best support them in the future. Thank you for giving up your time for these valuable conversations.
CONFIDENCE HOUSE DAY (Friday 26th Oct)
CONFIDENCE HOUSE DAY – Only Confidence students to come dressed in RED
CONFIDENCE HOUSE – Lunchtime Activity
The children have already made fantastic improvements to their sentences by thinking about…
- using powerful verbs
- using adjectives (but not too many!) to describe the noun
- extending sentences by using connectives
- adding a super sentences starter – time, place and character
- adding extra information (clause) – don’t forget the commas!
- don’t forget PUNCTUATION!
Interdependence of living things can affect their survival.
Lines of Inquiry
An inquiry into…
- Different types of livings things (Form)
- What living things need to survive (Connection)
- Human responsibility to the survival of living things (Responsibility)
Next week, we will be evaluating the research we have done so far and thinking about how we can make improvements in the future. We will also be investigating how animals can be classified and what features living things have in common.
An inquiry into:
- Rules of patterns and how these predict future terms.
- Equivalent number sentences using addition and subtraction
- Patterns and relationships in multiplication and division
Next week the students will continue to inquire into patterns by thinking about visual patterns, patterns found in a hundred square when adding consecutive numbers and will begin to predict future terms based on their findings.
- Mon, Weds, Fri – borrow a BHS home reading book
- Tues, Thurs – read a book online from Big Universe
All children should aim to spend 30 minutes per week completing their assigned Mathletics tasks and/or practising their times tables.
All children are encouraged to take a reading book home on the days when they have Mandarin lessons.