Self-exploration leads to a greater capability to enhance well-being
Lines of Inquiry
- The importance of self exploration and a range of appropriate strategies to achieve this (form)
- Strategies for making informed choices (responsibility)
- Through deeper reflection, the causes and consequences that can affect their well-being (change)
Our first Golden Book will take place on Monday 26th August!
- Read the Weekly Update
THE FOLLOWING HOME LEARNING TASKS WILL BE STARTING GRADUALLY AT THE DISCRETION OF EACH YEAR 5 TEACHER….please check in with your own child
- Mathletics – continue with the set tasks
- Spelling – each week the children are sent home their 10 personal words that they need to learn for the week. Please, can a parent (or responsible adult) support the children by...testing them (written or oral), getting them to put their words into interesting sentences (written or oral), discussing the meanings of the words, thinking about synonyms and antonyms of that word, discussing words with a similar meaning etc.
- Reading – levelled home readers will be starting to come home soon. The children will be choosing levelled readers based on their own ability and are expected to read each night for at least 20mins at home with a parent. The children need to record their reading in their Reading Journals and parents can you please sign your child’s journal each night. Journals need to be returned to school each morning to be checked and will come home each evening (except Friday). Children may use Big Universe twice a week (only) as their choice of home reading.
- Mandarin Home Learning– All children are encouraged to take a reading book home on the days when they have Mandarin lessons.
5H – Preparation and practise for 1-minute talk
(Tip: practise in front of mirror first and then parents)
5Y – Complete ‘Kindness is…’ in journal
5W – Preparation for 1-minute talk
Thought of the week