- Thursday 30th March – Spring Concert
- Friday 31st March – end of Term 2, 12pm finish
- Tuesday 18th April – back to school for Term 3
- Tuesday 18th April – Year 6 Pizza Lunch…please get your order forms into the PTA
- Friday 21st April – Year 1 and Year 6 Immunisations
- Tuesday 25th April – Year 4 Bake Sale
- Wednesday 26th April – Year 6 Theatre Trip….Melodia
- Saturday 29th April – Wednesday 3rd May – Labour Day Long Weekend
(Review from Amazon Books)
With the same energy, humour and clarity found in his 50 books, David wows audiences at schools around the United States and beyond. David is an accomplished storyteller and a master at getting kids to think and have fun at the same time. His presentations lead children on entertaining and educational journeys that combine math, science, reading and writing.
As part of our Health Related fitness unit in PE, 6D took on the Cooper Run challenge. The Cooper 12 minute run is a popular maximal running test of aerobic fitness, in which participants try and cover as much distance as they can in 12 minutes.
Year 6 were very lucky to work with Paul Melsom this week. The children have been busy getting all the plants ready for our International food Fair.
Learner Profile : inquirer and reflective
Attitudes : curiosity and independence
This week we have been inquiring into science investigations that have changed the world we live in today.
Central Idea – Measurement
A range of procedures exist to measure different attributes of objects and events.
We have been finding ways of answering open-ended volume problems and we’ve also been discussion the relationship between volume and capacity.
Central Idea – Pattern and Function
Patterns can be represented, analysed and generalised using algebraic expressions, equations or functions.
With this week having an English and Maths theme we challenged the children to combine their reading, listening, data handling and number skills to inquire into;
We have been learning how to write imaginative, creative and emotive poems and have been linking this to the research we have found on our Global Goals. This week we watched music videos, Ted Talks and listened to poems online to give us inspiration for our own poetry performances.
- Please watch/re-watch any of the videos that we have shared in class – check to see if they are relevant to you and your Global Goal.
- Cite your sources on your sources doc.
- You should make sure you try to scan the newspapers every day and bring in any articles you find about your Global Goal (or any of the GGs…to help others!)
- Please work on the spelling activities that your class teacher has outlined with you.
- Don’t forget to continue on with Mathletics and Reading Eggs.
- Have a look at the amazing new resource, Big Universe!
Thought of the Week….
“There are five important things for living a successful and fulfilling life: never stop dreaming, never stop believing, never give up, never stop trying, and never stop learning.”