The School and PTA look for class parent representatives at the start of each year. If you are interested in this role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
What is the role?
Class Parent Representatives support the communication between school, the PTA and parents to build a strong community network. We are looking for a maximum of two representatives per class.
Why is this a great opportunity for you?
- Helps make connections with other parents and families
- Gives you more of a voice on important school matters.
- Enables you to connect with the Senior Management Team (SMT) and PTA more frequently.
- Help to shape events and new ideas
- Priority to attend some school trips and assist the teaching staff if required.
- To be an important communication channel between School, PTA and parents from your class.
- Participate in informal drop-in sessions with PTA representatives and SMT
- Be the admin for Whatsapp groups for your class parents.
- Contacting new families to the school to welcome them and link them into the Whatsapp group.
- Assist the PTA organising some of the events and finding parent volunteers.
- Invitation to specific PTA meetings (maximum 1 per term, attendance optional).
As a Class Parent Representative, you are NOT expected to become involved in individual school-related matters, issues or concerns. Parents are encouraged to contact SMT directly if they have any concerns and issues regarding their children’s school experience and learning.
As a Class Representative, you are not expected to participate in every event that the class has involvement in.
Thank you for considering this opportunity.
BHS School Staff and PTA