Tuesday 6th March – Year 5 Pizza Lunch
Tuesday 6th March – Year 5 Big Business presentations to our business leaders….children need to come to school in their business attire on the day of their presentations
Wednesday 7th March – Year 5 Big Business presentations to our business leaders….children need to come to school in their business attire on the day of their presentations.
Tuesday 13th March – Years 1 & 2 Sports Day
Friday 16th March – Year 5 Sharing Day and Year 5 Big Business Market to the school
Thursday 22nd March – Years 3-6 Sports Day
Friday 23rd March – PTA International Food Fair – please make srue your return your sold raffle ticket money and your unsold tickets back to the PTA office
Wednesday 28th March – Spring Concert
Thursday 29th March – last day of school before Easter holidays, 12pm finish
Friday 30th March – Good Friday, no school
Monday 16th April – first day back for Term 3
We’ve been as busy as ever steamrolling ahead with our BB unit.
Ms. Heather came in again this week to do some more drama skills and to help us our with our storyboards for the adverts we will be creating. Mr. Gibson took us for some more sessions to help us with our jingle.
We’ve been busy starting to make some or of our handicrafts that we will sell.
We’ve made a start on our Business Plan and had all of us working on different parts of it.
Well done to Sophie Huang in 5F for her excellent efforts in this recent piano competition…
Central Idea : There are many factors at work within a marketplace.
- functioning effectively as a team
- components in a marketplace
- research and marketing
Well done to all our Golden Book winners this week in Year 5…
5C – Muchan Kim
5D – Keira Ho
5F – Jonathan Chan, Sasha Fung
Mandarin – Sasha Fung from 5F
Mandarin – Carlos Lam from 5D
Learning Centre/Info Lit – Kanna Takayana from 5D
- Read the Weekly Update
- Mathletics – continue with the set tasks
- Reading – keep up with their reading every night. Don’t forget to get Reading Journals signed every night and children should be reading every night. NO READING JOURNALS DUE IN THIS WEEK
- Spelling – each Monday the children are sent home their 10 personal words that they need to learn for the week. Please, can a parent (or responsible adult) support the children by...testing them (written or oral), getting them to put their words into interesting sentences (written or oral), discussing the meanings of the words, thinking about synonyms and antonyms of that word, discussing words with a similar meaning etc. NO SPELLING NEXT WEEK
- UOI – this week the children need to try and complete tasks started at school for their home learning. Each group gets together daily and has many tasks that need to be completed within deadlines set by the class teachers. They need to try a and make a concerted effort to find out from their team what needs doing and get on and try and do it! These could be a vast array of jobs, for example…..finishing logos, finishing designs, making prototypes, completing storyboards or scripts, shopping for materials (pls keep the receipt) and/or finishing parts of their Business Plan.
- UOI – please check out the website of the school in Sudan that we are raising money for and discuss your parents the needs of the school that we learned about when Mrs. Quinn came to visit. The website address is..www.immanuelkindergarten.org