Migration has an impact on people and society.
Lines of Inquiry
- The reasons why people migrate (causation)
- The challenges and opportunities of migration (change)
- The impact of migration on individuals and society (perspective)
Solo Taxonomy – Mr Pheasant
SOLO Taxonomy is a powerful model of learning that is both easy to use and highly effective in advancing and deepening learning across the curriculum. We will be reviewing where we are with our understanding into this unit and generate questions for personal inquiries.
No Golden Book achievers this week due to CPD day.
- Read the Weekly Update
- Mathletics – continue with the set tasks
- Spelling – each week the children are sent home their 10 personal words that they need to learn for the week. Please, can a parent (or responsible adult) support the children by...testing them (written or oral), getting them to put their words into interesting sentences (written or oral), discussing the meanings of the words, thinking about synonyms and antonyms of that word, discussing words with a similar meaning etc.
- Reading – levelled home readers will be starting to come home soon. The children will be choosing levelled readers based on their own ability and are expected to read each night for at least 20mins at home with a parent. The children need to record their reading in their Reading Journals and parents can you please sign your child’s journal each night. Journals need to be returned to school each morning to be checked and will come home each evening (except Friday). Children may use Big Universe twice a week (only) as their choice of home reading.
- Mandarin Home Learning– All children are encouraged to take a reading book home on the days when they have Mandarin lessons.
Thought of the week