- Have a wonderful half term holiday!
- School resumes : Monday 26th October
- Maths Workshop for Year 3 Parents – 3rd November, 6:45pm
- Year 3 PE at the Pitch – 3rd,10th,17th,24th November and 1st, 8th December
- Mandarin Parent Consultations – 10th, 12th, 16th and 18th November
- Year 3 trip to Bounce – 17th (3K) ,18th (3D) and 19th (3H) November
- Year 3 Camp – 25th and 26th November
Children should practise making their bed in the morning.
- Thank you to all the parents who came to watch 3K’s assembly. A wonderful performance by all the children. Well done 3K and Miss King!
- It was lovely to meet all of you to discuss your child’s development at the parent consultation evenings.
- Please return the reply slip about PE at the pitch (Kowloon Tsai Park) as soon as possible. Please note the children in 3D will need to wear their PE kit on Tuesday instead of Monday after the half-term break.
- Well done to all the children in Year 3 who remember to bring fruit and vegetables to school for snack on ‘Fruity Friday’.
- Children are now borrowing books from the Learning Centre. Please ensure your child returns any books borrowed after two weeks.
- Please remember that we have a no nut policy at BHS due to some children having severe allergies. This includes peanut butter sandwiches and nuts in cookies or cakes.
- Please ensure that ALL uniform (including shoes) is clearly labelled with your child’s name.
How the World Works
Central Idea – Forces affect life on Earth and impact the world around us
Addition and subtraction are related and are used to solve problems
Lines of Inquiry
The roles of symbols and the language of addition and subtraction.
Strategies for memorizing addition and subtraction number facts.
Mental and written strategies for adding and subtracting two and three digit numbers.
Please encourage your child to complete the Mathletics activities set.
Instructions tell us how to make or do something.
The features include:
Title – What is being explained
Goal – What is the aim of the procedure
Needs – what is needed to complete the procedure
Steps – Step by step instructions
Check – How to check it works.
The children will determine what makes a good set of instructions and will write their own based on a short video.
WEB LINK OF THE WEEK
Dino Dig – Coordinates